Saturday, December 6, 2008

Review of History and Geography of the Anglican Diocese of Western Tanganyika

From Celeste Ventura:

"
After listening to Bishop Mary, at St. George's months ago, reading the World Mission network blog, being at Convention as we endorsed the Triad Companion relationship, I realized my knowledge of the history and people of the Anglican Diocese of Western Tanganyika (ADWT) was sketchy at best. Robin suggested I check out the BBC. With a little investigation and reading I have developed the following draft." (Note: This draft has been converted to a Google Document and can be read by clicking here or by navigating to http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddxjv5w5_7dzd63cg4- ed.)

Celeste continues, citing the introductory paragraph of her draft: "My intention in developing this draft is to educate myself as to the history and geography of East Africa and in particular Tanzania. My hope is that others will take this beginning document and add their knowledge an findings, correct as needed, and thereby inform us as a diocese, enhancing our ability to be in relationship with the people of ADWT. If you should come across examples of East African literature, art and music, I would particularly like to add them..."


email Celeste if you would like to participate in growing this document!

No comments: